junho 12, 2004

CONAN, the boy in the Future by Hayao Miyazaki (1978)

It's amazing how Miyazaki has been present since my infancy in my life. I had 4 years when he made this fabulous TV series. I saw it only when I was about 8 and since then i never forgot it.

Conan produced and huge memory mark in me. In the sunny days when I'm relaxed and have time to look at my infancy it's hard to avoid the Conan feelings. Visuals, music, voices, character movement, the apocalyptic scenario, Conan happiness with the little things, the loneliness.

Today when i look at a movie like "Spirited Away" i just feel this as to come from the same genius mind.

I came to the conclusion that "ICO" in some way, used some of these artistic atmospheres from Conan and that's maybe one of the reasons for ICO having touched me so profoundly.

2 comentários:

  1. I was looking for information about Conan on the internet and came across this comment. As Nelson, I must have been 7 or 8 years old when they passed Conan on Portuguese TV. And as it happened with Nelson, it touched me profoundly. Conan's assertiveness, his idealism and courage greatly stimulated my imagination and view of the world as a little boy. A few days ago I found Conan's episodes in DVD (which I immediately bought of course) and it was with great emotion that I listened to the Japanese song at the end of each episode: I had the feeling I had gone back 17 years in time and that I was again the little boy willing to explore the world like my fearless hero...

    Jaime Monteiro

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Conan translated to Arabic was aired on the Saudi TV in the 1980s. Back then I was in my childhood where everying you watch stick to your mind. Conan was and still one of my favorite shows. I am 23 years old and everytime I see conan's picture it reminds me of the old days, some times bring tears to my eyes.
    Great job my the japansese creator, I wish todays cartoon were more like conan!

    ResponderEliminar